bloggart.

Nk.
Philippines
and she is? watching you. lulz.
still want to know?

stuff.


  • Currently obsessed about: THE BEACH, THE BEACH!!!
  • Currently loving : photography and play time
  • Currently singing to : Meiko's Boys With Girlfriends
  • Currently reading : Michael Crichton's Next
  • next in line : Dork Whore
  • Currently craving : 1. a vacation somewhere where there's sand, sea, and shore. 2. that sinful, orgasm-inducing chocolate cake from Cyma 3. a DVD copy of Ang Lee's 1997 film, The Ice Storm 4. YOU.
  • currently advocating: come on, do something guys! Save The Elephants

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called memory stream. Make your own badge here.

talk to me.

Word.

“If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?”~Gloria Steinem

exit.
had enough (of me)? here's the way out.
major thoroughfares.
familiar places (people i know).
delightful back alleys.
random finds.

Don't hold your love over my head ~ Come Back To Bed (john mayer)

credits

banner: image not author's own, tweaked picture found in google. layout: tweaked blogskin by inksplash. labor: my cousin val. everything else: me.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Add to My Yahoo!

Support WWF

ripple Give Money Give Education Give Food Give Water

October 14, 2008
posted by Nk. at 4:48 PM

What have I learned today?

Today I have learned that I can get myself injured without really knowing it or feeling the pain or sting -- much like this morning when I stumped my little toe unto a colleague's shoe, or scraped my hand somewhere and only noticed the injury after feeling something sticky (blood was already oozing out) between my toes, and a long slash at the back of my hand.

Today I also learned that alcohol stings like mothurfcuking hell, especially if you happen to spurt it straight into your unsuspecting eye.

Today I learned that there are things in my life that I can really laugh about without needing to be guilty or embarrassed. I grew up a painfully shy person (I prolly am still, tho I can fool you with the way I carry myself in this blog lol), but I'm quite pleased with the way I turned out to be -- tho I still have a lot of "braving up" to do (I hear you Julz, haha!) and I do have (and will prolly still have) my retarded moments.

Today I learned that I could sit still and not impale myself with senseless predictions of a future that does not yet exist and therefore I should not have worries about. Joanna, you are right, I could be happier if I expected myself to fall flat on my face instead of landing on my 12-year old, daredevil feet that day I jumped off that moving tricycle. But some curiosities we really have to die a little to find out, don't we. That's okay, because now I can tell you what it feels like to land on your face, haha!

Today I learned, that being careful doesn't really save you anything, it just prolongs the coming of things, things that are inevitable -- death, love, loss, rejection, yes, even happiness. You know, like no matter how slowly you pour water into a glass, you'll still fill it?


Today is Tuesday, and I LOL at life. =)

Labels: ,

 
5 Comments:


At October 15, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

i like this, nik. :)

-emir

 

At October 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Blogger Nk.

Thank you emir, *hugs!*

 

At October 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Blogger John Halcyon von Rothschild

Very inspiring. Grab life by the balls!

 

At October 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Nk.

@john, thanks!

and uhm. balls. yeaaah. lolz.

 

At October 25, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

nice Nikz! medyo nka relate ako weheheh