bloggart.

Nk.
Philippines
and she is? watching you. lulz.
still want to know?

stuff.


  • Currently obsessed about: THE BEACH, THE BEACH!!!
  • Currently loving : photography and play time
  • Currently singing to : Meiko's Boys With Girlfriends
  • Currently reading : Michael Crichton's Next
  • next in line : Dork Whore
  • Currently craving : 1. a vacation somewhere where there's sand, sea, and shore. 2. that sinful, orgasm-inducing chocolate cake from Cyma 3. a DVD copy of Ang Lee's 1997 film, The Ice Storm 4. YOU.
  • currently advocating: come on, do something guys! Save The Elephants

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called memory stream. Make your own badge here.

talk to me.

Word.

“If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?”~Gloria Steinem

exit.
had enough (of me)? here's the way out.
major thoroughfares.
familiar places (people i know).
delightful back alleys.
random finds.

Don't hold your love over my head ~ Come Back To Bed (john mayer)

credits

banner: image not author's own, tweaked picture found in google. layout: tweaked blogskin by inksplash. labor: my cousin val. everything else: me.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Add to My Yahoo!

Support WWF

ripple Give Money Give Education Give Food Give Water

January 12, 2009
posted by Nk. at 12:59 AM

I AM TURNING 30 NEXT MONTH.

ZOMG!!1! SRSLY?!?!
(just a small photo here, don't want to scare you guys with my funny big face)


Yup, that's right. I can no longer claim to be experiencing quarter-life crisis each time I do not know what I want. I still don't know what I want and what to want sometimes, but I do have about three more weeks right? Riggghhhht.

So let's see. Turning 30 (let's say this the most cheerful way possible) is my new year. And what do I plan (I purposely refrain from saying "goals" because "goals" are scary stuff) to achieve in my new year? No, let's replace that -- what do I want to do this year?

Yup, wanting something really bad should do the trick, and these are the things that I want:


1. Learn something new. I have been thinking about how my writing skills have been reduced and stuck to the cyber-yapping I've been doing lately. I've always wanted to write something relatively more memorable than "even his smoker's cough is sexy". See, I want to write something for the movies. I have all of these scenes and dialogues in my head and I never get to put them down on paper. If I ever did, I'd write a few sentences, stop, then forget all about it. I'm usually good at starting things, but always seem to end to get lost in the middle (this is also true in some other aspects of my life, but that's another post) and never reach an ending. Heh.

So yeah. Maybe I'll go back to school.

2. Have more out of town trips! I want to be a stranger again in a strange place! Hopefully, our Singapore trip pushes through this April. Any would be friends out there?

3. Save up. I've never really been a thrifty person, I've never been one to consciously and religiously set aside money for "future use". Maybe it's because of my self-indulgent nature, or maybe because I've never really worried about the future that much. But I think if I don't want to end up seriously broke in the future I'll have to start saving now (and shit, I'm almost 30!)

4. Go to the beach the soonest opportunity that comes. I just miss the beach. I want to feel the sand between my toes, I want to hear the ocean rush to the shore, and I want to be just engulfed by the beauty of it all. So yeah, hurry summer, hurry!

5. Give this blog a facelift. I mean really, it's so boring. Also, I need to learn how to exactly do that. I know a little HTML, CSS and stuff, but "a little" would mean "a lot" of me arm-twisting my cousin to help me get the right new look for this blog. So yes plz, teach me CSS and those things.

6. Earn more. Find ways to earn more moolah without resorting to criminal activity (kidding).

7. Like Helga, read more books and actually read those that I buy and not just leave them to dust in the corner of the room. Also, watch more of those Wong Kar Wai, Sofia Coppola types of films.

8. Eat healthier. To get to know other dinners than the canned tuna-crushed crackers if not chilimansi pancit canton that I'm very fond of.

9. Learn how to cook. For my own good.

10. Meet a man who actually has more balls than I do (channeling Salma Hayek.) LOL.



With that said, let's all go back to pretending I'm 24, shall we?

 
5 Comments:


At January 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I say, eat healthier!

Will not only be good for the body but also good for the pocket, i.e., think of the money saved when one is healthy.

Cheers and good luck.

 

At January 13, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

30?! You look... 28. High five!

 

At January 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Blogger Nk.

Thanks @ AdB!! But I will still be eating pancit canton later for dinner! lolz.


Geez, THANKS A LOT, @Baddie!! =P

 

At January 15, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Blogger 1minutefilmreview

Good luck for turning 30!

 

At January 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Get ready with your adjectives.... your comments on the Michelle Obama inauguration gown.