bloggart.

Nk.
Philippines
and she is? watching you. lulz.
still want to know?

stuff.


  • Currently obsessed about: THE BEACH, THE BEACH!!!
  • Currently loving : photography and play time
  • Currently singing to : Meiko's Boys With Girlfriends
  • Currently reading : Michael Crichton's Next
  • next in line : Dork Whore
  • Currently craving : 1. a vacation somewhere where there's sand, sea, and shore. 2. that sinful, orgasm-inducing chocolate cake from Cyma 3. a DVD copy of Ang Lee's 1997 film, The Ice Storm 4. YOU.
  • currently advocating: come on, do something guys! Save The Elephants

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called memory stream. Make your own badge here.

talk to me.

Word.

“If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?”~Gloria Steinem

exit.
had enough (of me)? here's the way out.
major thoroughfares.
familiar places (people i know).
delightful back alleys.
random finds.

Don't hold your love over my head ~ Come Back To Bed (john mayer)

credits

banner: image not author's own, tweaked picture found in google. layout: tweaked blogskin by inksplash. labor: my cousin val. everything else: me.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Add to My Yahoo!

Support WWF

ripple Give Money Give Education Give Food Give Water

October 24, 2007
posted by Nk. at 10:27 PM

I found this at AmberMac's blog while bloghopping via twitter:





In this age of fashionable eating disorders and beautiful fair things, it's becoming increasingly difficult to have confidence in one's own "imperfect" skin. I can't say I am completely immune to these often ludicrous calls to make my skin whiter, my wavy hair straighter (and therefore "prettier"), or my Asian boobs bigger (and therefore "hotter"). I have tried bleaching (which involved a ridiculous amount of time squirming and fidgeting naked in front of an electric fan for the bleaching agents to dry and take effect -- no joke since the damn thing was gaaadawful itchy!!) some years back, but I gave up after realizing that I looked better with my natural tan than with a yellowish, fairer skin. Also, I am simply too lazy (and too poor) to get to that Lucy Torres-Gomez whiteness. I mean if God wanted me to be a white beauty he could have just given me white parents forchrissakes. So yeah. I have gone the Bianca Gonzalez way and I'm proud of the skin I'm in. =)

And tho I have constant delusions about my weight and engage in crash diets (that often fail at the sight of chocolate and/or ice cream and fries anyway), I'm pretty satisfied with my body - bloated moments and all.

So my point is? Nothing much really, since beauty, as they always say, is still very much in the eye of the beholder (but you can always ditch this crap and trick 'em with your extraordinary makeup and padding skills!).


But it would help if you quit making the TV your mirror. Okay. We. We quit making the TV our mirror.

At the end of the day, we'll still know how beautiful -- or ugly, we really are.

 
2 Comments:


At October 25, 2007 at 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Like Kanye West says on his song The Goodlife: "Where we like the girls who ain't on TV Cause they got more (Ass than the models)"

Me, I like my girls non-photoshopped.

 

At October 26, 2007 at 12:52 AM, Blogger joyfulchicken

Yay for the evil power of Photoshop! Photoshopped Amber looks scary though.