bloggart.

Nk.
Philippines
and she is? watching you. lulz.
still want to know?

stuff.


  • Currently obsessed about: THE BEACH, THE BEACH!!!
  • Currently loving : photography and play time
  • Currently singing to : Meiko's Boys With Girlfriends
  • Currently reading : Michael Crichton's Next
  • next in line : Dork Whore
  • Currently craving : 1. a vacation somewhere where there's sand, sea, and shore. 2. that sinful, orgasm-inducing chocolate cake from Cyma 3. a DVD copy of Ang Lee's 1997 film, The Ice Storm 4. YOU.
  • currently advocating: come on, do something guys! Save The Elephants

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called memory stream. Make your own badge here.

talk to me.

Word.

“If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?”~Gloria Steinem

exit.
had enough (of me)? here's the way out.
major thoroughfares.
familiar places (people i know).
delightful back alleys.
random finds.

Don't hold your love over my head ~ Come Back To Bed (john mayer)

credits

banner: image not author's own, tweaked picture found in google. layout: tweaked blogskin by inksplash. labor: my cousin val. everything else: me.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Add to My Yahoo!

Support WWF

ripple Give Money Give Education Give Food Give Water

October 3, 2007
posted by Nk. at 1:08 PM

I have an old notebook cover that I have kept for years. On it, are these words:


There is a wonderful,
mystical law of nature
that the three things we crave
most in life --
happiness, freedom and peace of mind -
are always attained by giving them
to someone else.
(author unknown)



I have been sitting in front of my computer wondering how I, your regular Self-Involved Individual am going to introduce the concept of getting involved. This morning I signed up for Free Burma! action and tomorrow, I shall be joining the International Bloggers' Day for Burma on the 4th of October. Having a glimpse of Dawn's life in Myanmar has both touched and humbled me, and reminded me of how lucky I am (despite of the millions of things we can and are complaining about) to be actually where I am now, free to do and say (bitch?) what I want and how.

These are the last paragraphs on Dawn's last entry on her blog before the Burmese government cut off the internet connection in Burma:

My friend said I was brave blogging about this when I am confused about where I stand. I was not being brave. I am a coward hiding in the office. At first, I started removing my photo in my profile, and was going to hide the posts that provide personal details of me. Then I decided not to because I am not doing anything wrong.

In the midst of all these chaos, I am very afraid. I am afraid for myself, I am afraid for my family, and I am afraid for the country.


I do not think that my currently shitty life can hold a candle to that.

More brave souls at Burmese Bloggers Without Borders.


Here is how you can take part in this action for a Free Burma!

1. Publish a posting (Bulletin Board, Forum, Blog, Social Network, Static Website…) on the 4th of October with the header: “Free Burma!”

2. Tag it if you can with “Free Burma”

3. Choose a grafic from the Grafics page and

4. Link to www.free-burma.org there your readers will find some informations about the campaign and Burma and a participant list which you can join. Even if you're a webmaster of a bulletin board or social network you will find a special Group List to join.

5. Feel free to write any additional text you want

If you have no website or blog we need you even more: Please help us to spread the word across the internet, tell your neighbours, friends or kids and first of all: Sign their list of participants.

Labels: ,

 
1 Comments:


At October 4, 2007 at 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

cool..=)