bloggart.

Nk.
Philippines
and she is? watching you. lulz.
still want to know?

stuff.


  • Currently obsessed about: THE BEACH, THE BEACH!!!
  • Currently loving : photography and play time
  • Currently singing to : Meiko's Boys With Girlfriends
  • Currently reading : Michael Crichton's Next
  • next in line : Dork Whore
  • Currently craving : 1. a vacation somewhere where there's sand, sea, and shore. 2. that sinful, orgasm-inducing chocolate cake from Cyma 3. a DVD copy of Ang Lee's 1997 film, The Ice Storm 4. YOU.
  • currently advocating: come on, do something guys! Save The Elephants

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called memory stream. Make your own badge here.

talk to me.

Word.

“If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?”~Gloria Steinem

exit.
had enough (of me)? here's the way out.
major thoroughfares.
familiar places (people i know).
delightful back alleys.
random finds.

Don't hold your love over my head ~ Come Back To Bed (john mayer)

credits

banner: image not author's own, tweaked picture found in google. layout: tweaked blogskin by inksplash. labor: my cousin val. everything else: me.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Add to My Yahoo!

Support WWF

ripple Give Money Give Education Give Food Give Water

October 3, 2007
posted by Nk. at 1:08 PM

I have an old notebook cover that I have kept for years. On it, are these words:


There is a wonderful,
mystical law of nature
that the three things we crave
most in life --
happiness, freedom and peace of mind -
are always attained by giving them
to someone else.
(author unknown)



I have been sitting in front of my computer wondering how I, your regular Self-Involved Individual am going to introduce the concept of getting involved. This morning I signed up for Free Burma! action and tomorrow, I shall be joining the International Bloggers' Day for Burma on the 4th of October. Having a glimpse of Dawn's life in Myanmar has both touched and humbled me, and reminded me of how lucky I am (despite of the millions of things we can and are complaining about) to be actually where I am now, free to do and say (bitch?) what I want and how.

These are the last paragraphs on Dawn's last entry on her blog before the Burmese government cut off the internet connection in Burma:

My friend said I was brave blogging about this when I am confused about where I stand. I was not being brave. I am a coward hiding in the office. At first, I started removing my photo in my profile, and was going to hide the posts that provide personal details of me. Then I decided not to because I am not doing anything wrong.

In the midst of all these chaos, I am very afraid. I am afraid for myself, I am afraid for my family, and I am afraid for the country.


I do not think that my currently shitty life can hold a candle to that.

More brave souls at Burmese Bloggers Without Borders.


Here is how you can take part in this action for a Free Burma!

1. Publish a posting (Bulletin Board, Forum, Blog, Social Network, Static Website…) on the 4th of October with the header: “Free Burma!”

2. Tag it if you can with “Free Burma”

3. Choose a grafic from the Grafics page and

4. Link to www.free-burma.org there your readers will find some informations about the campaign and Burma and a participant list which you can join. Even if you're a webmaster of a bulletin board or social network you will find a special Group List to join.

5. Feel free to write any additional text you want

If you have no website or blog we need you even more: Please help us to spread the word across the internet, tell your neighbours, friends or kids and first of all: Sign their list of participants.

Labels: ,

 
2 Comments:


At October 4, 2007 at 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

cool..=)

 

At October 5, 2007 at 1:34 PM, Anonymous USpace

Great job! FREE Burma!!!

Bush slammed the UN and the rulers of Myanmar in his UN speech last week.

The UN must do something, but they never use military force to fight.
That is a huge problem.

Illegal drug fortunes are a BIG part of this.

absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
please support EVIL rulers

the Left condemns Burma's
while its China coddles them


absurd thought -
God of the Universe wants
complete narco states

criminals in power
loving the corrupt drug war


absurd thought -
God of the Universe thinks
keep trying communism

you can never KILL too much
pursuing Utopia...


http://free-burma.org/

http://absurdthoughtsaboutgod.blogspot.com/

:)
.