bloggart.

Nk.
Philippines
and she is? watching you. lulz.
still want to know?

stuff.


  • Currently obsessed about: THE BEACH, THE BEACH!!!
  • Currently loving : photography and play time
  • Currently singing to : Meiko's Boys With Girlfriends
  • Currently reading : Michael Crichton's Next
  • next in line : Dork Whore
  • Currently craving : 1. a vacation somewhere where there's sand, sea, and shore. 2. that sinful, orgasm-inducing chocolate cake from Cyma 3. a DVD copy of Ang Lee's 1997 film, The Ice Storm 4. YOU.
  • currently advocating: come on, do something guys! Save The Elephants

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called memory stream. Make your own badge here.

talk to me.

Word.

“If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?”~Gloria Steinem

exit.
had enough (of me)? here's the way out.
major thoroughfares.
familiar places (people i know).
delightful back alleys.
random finds.

Don't hold your love over my head ~ Come Back To Bed (john mayer)

credits

banner: image not author's own, tweaked picture found in google. layout: tweaked blogskin by inksplash. labor: my cousin val. everything else: me.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

Add to My Yahoo!

Support WWF

ripple Give Money Give Education Give Food Give Water

May 3, 2008
posted by Nk. at 1:04 PM

(My Kahlua organizer, which has so far, failed to organize my life.)

Thanks to my good friend Emir, who lent me three books: Carson McCullers' Reflections in a Golden Eye and The Ballad of the Sad Cafe, and Jeff Noon's Pixel Juice. These books will help keep me sane in case my friends prove no shows again for the weekend (because they're always busy, *scowl*) and I'm left to choose between having discussions about the weather with my other personalities or play Matira Ang Matibay sa Gran Matador with Mang Pong, the compound's caretaker.

I know Carson McCullers' books aren't exactly happy happy stories -- I've read The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter several years ago and I remember slashing my wrists and almost getting admitted to rehab for depression. Okay, not true. The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter left me a heartache, that's what. But it was a great read, no doubt about it.

Anyway.

I'm thinking of getting into reading Manga, but don't know where or what to start with. I heard about Death Note but I heard these stuff are pretty pricey. And you know me, more often than not I leave the bookstore in tears because the books I want are so darn expensive.


Also, I want to catch this.

Labels: ,

 
6 Comments:


At May 5, 2008 at 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

U2 3D sounds a bit freaky.. =P

 

At May 6, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I hate you for having the time to read books. Betch.

Well, I actually HAVE time. But I'll be damned if I lug around my laptop just so I can read my eBooks during the FX ride to school. FEH!

 

At May 7, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Blogger Unknown

Kakainggit naman po.

 

At May 8, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Blogger Nk.

@ paolo - and i thought you liked things freaky? =P

@ helga - and i hate you for having a laptop you can lug around during FX rides (but don't) ! lolz.

@ pluma - LOL.

 

At May 10, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Blogger philos

Hmm... if you resent not having to do anything on the weekends, then why don't you play flag football with us? :p

 

At May 17, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Blogger Nk.

@ philos - by football you mean hitting people's balls forcefully with my foot right?